Premier Print Group has been a proponent of sound eco-friendly practices since long before "green" was anything but a color. Good citizenship within the global community is very important to us and we constantly strive to do our part in protecting our planet. Working with our vendors, employees and clients, finding efficient technology and sustainable resources is always a priority.
The following are some of Premier Print Group's practices that eliminate or reduce negative environmental impact. Many of these practices have been in effect for decades.
- Print with vegetable-based inks
- Use direct-to-plate systems (eliminating film)
- Recycle 100% of our waste paper
- Recycle 100% of our aluminum plates
- Use only silver-free chemistry
- Recycle all unusable ink
- Use only alcohol-free press solutions
- Use only chlorine-free solvents
- Recycle 100% of all plastic and shrink-wrapping film materials
- Use only environment-friendly coatings
- Recycle 100% of out-of-use electronics
- Purchase and use products with the lowest or no levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the printing industry
We are proud of our Forest Stewardship Council® Chain of Custody certification. The FSC® is the global standard-setter in responsible forest management. Chain of Custody certification guarantees that wood grown in certified, responsibly managed forestlands is tracked throughout the supply chain, from the forest to the consumer. Conscientious consumers can look for the FSC logo on wood and paper products to know they are supporting forest management that protects biodiversity conservation.
Team Safety in our Workplace Comes First
There is nothing more important than the safety of our team members and remaining accident-free company wide. Accordingly, Premier Print Group retains an independent OSHA Out-Reach training organization to conduct regular training sessions for our entire staff.
Training is presented by an authorized master level instructor for the National Safety Education Center and the OSHA Training Institute. Much of the material covered in safety sessions can be used in the home and other non-company environments as well as on the job. Examples include:
- Ways to use tools and ladders properly
- Hands-on experience with fire extinguishers
- General electrical safety
- Lifting methods and ergonomics
In addition, all employees are encouraged to receive CPR training at Premier's expense. This training can be invaluable at any time and place.
Dedicated personal safety accessories are provided to all employees whose jobs can benefit from using them. This includes face guards, safety glasses, rubber gloves, back support belts, and ear protection equipment. Employees are trained in what they should wear or use for particular activities and how to use it.
Upgrading equipment with point-of-use electrical lockout devices to prevent accidental start-up will soon be completed. Safety features on all equipment are inspected on a regular basis and corrective action is taken immediately if problems are found to exist.
Only employees who have completed comprehensive forklift safety training are allowed to operate forklifts.
The well-being of the Premier team matters.